Follow the Money: TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Follow the Money highlights a newly funded bio/pharmaceutical company. This includes important insights into the featured company’s product pipeline, manufacturing and business relationships, and likely sourcing opportunities.
TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a U.S. public pharmaceutical company that develops novel targeted therapeutics for cancer, age-related macular degeneration, and fibrotic diseases. As reported in the February 5, 2015 issue of the PharmSource Lead Sheet, TRACON raised $36 million in the closing of an initial public offering.
- TRACON was incorporated in Delaware in October 2004 as Lexington Pharmaceuticals. The company changed its name to TRACON Pharmaceuticals in March 2005.
- Corporate Headquarters: San Diego, California – 5,034 square feet of office space.
- As of December 31, 2014, TRACON had 13 employees, of whom 11 were engaged in R&D or manufacturing activities.
- TRACON plans to use the proceeds to fund preclinical and clinical development and initiate manufacturing activities required for regulatory approval of product candidates.
- The company relies on CROs to conduct preclinical studies and clinical trials of product candidates.
- TRACON does not own or operate facilitates for product manufacturing, storage, distribution, or testing and must rely on third parties for the manufacture of product candidates.
- The company currently has no sales or marketing capabilities.
- In March 2014, TRACON entered into a license agreement with Santen Pharmaceutical, under which Santen obtained an exclusive, worldwide license to TRC105 for ophthalmology indications, excluding systemic treatment of ocular tumors.1
|Product Candidate||Indication||Dosage Form||Status||Next Anticipated Step|
|TRC105||Age-Related Macular Degeneration||Parenteral||Preclinical||IND expected in 2015.|
|TRC205||Fibrosis||Parenteral||Preclinical||IND expected in 2016.|
|TRC105||Colorectal Cancer||Parenteral||Preclinical||Phase I planned for 2015. Data expected mid to late 2016.|
|TRC105||Lung Cancer||Parenteral||Preclinical||Phase I planned for 2015. Data expected early to mid 2016.|
|TRC102||Hematologic Malignancies||Parenteral||Phase I||TBA|
|TRC102||Solid Tumors||Parenteral||Phase I||Data expected early to mid 2015.|
|TRC102||Solid Tumors||Oral||Phase I||Data expected mid to late 2015.|
|TRC105||Breast Cancer||Parenteral||Phase I||Phase II planned for 2015. Data expected mid to late 2016.|
|TRC105||Hepatocellular Carcinoma||Parenteral||Phase I||Phase II planned for 2015. Data expected mid to late 2016.|
|TRC105||Glioblastoma||Parenteral||Phase II||Data expected late 2015.|
|TRC105||Hepatocellular Carcinoma||Parenteral||Phase II||Data expected early to mid 2016.|
|TRC105||Soft Tissue Sarcoma||Parenteral||Phase II||Data expected late 2015.|
|TRC105||Renal Cell Carcinoma||Parenteral||Phase IIb||Data expected early to mid 2016.|
|(In $ thousands)||2013||2012|
|General & Administrative Expenditures||1,484||1,449|
|Total Operating Expenses||7,560||5,226|
1TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Prospectus, SEC.gov
|TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||Key Officers|
|8910 University Center Lane, Suite 700||Charles P. Theuer, MD, PhD, CEO & President|
|San Diego, CA 92122, USA||Bonne Adams, SVP, Clinical Operations|
|Phone: 858-550-0780||Sharon Real, PhD, SVP, Product Development|
|Fax: 858-550-0786||Jennifer Ellis, VP, Quality Assurance|
|Web: www.traconpharma.com||Suzy Benedict, VP, Regulatory Affairs|
Read more postings by Ryan