Follow the Money to Medical Devices & Diagnostics
Spotlight on Titan Medical, Inc.
Follow the Money to Medical Device & Diagnostic Opportunities highlights a newly funded medical device or diagnostic company. This includes important insights into the featured company’s product pipeline, manufacturing and business relationships, and likely sourcing opportunities.
Titan Medical, Inc. is a public company based in Canada that designs and develops robotic surgical systems for applications in minimally invasive surgery. It plans to raise $17.3 million in the completion of a secondary public offering as reported in the PharmSource Lead Sheet on June 15, 2017.
- Titan Medical was incorporated in Ontario, Canada
- Corporate Headquarters: Toronto, ON, Canada
- Stock Exchange: Canadian National Stock Exchange (CNSX)
- Stock Symbol: TMD
- Titan Medical plans to use the proceeds to support the development of its SPORT Surgical System:
Device: Sport Surgical System™
Development Phase: Pre-feasibility studies
Medical Specialty: Gynecology/Obstetrical (OB/GYN); Surgery; Urology/Nephrology
Purpose: Device – Therapeutic/Interventional
Type: System/System accessory
Description: A single port robotic surgical system designed for use in general abdominal, gynecologic and urologic surgical procedures.
- March 2017: $6 million in a completed private equity placement
- September 2016: $8 million in a completed secondary public offering
- June 2016: $16 million in a completed private equity placement
- February 2016: $1.57 million in a completed secondary public offering
Medical Device & Diagnostics Pipeline1
|Product Candidate||Indication||Medical Specialty||Purpose||Type||Status|
|Sport Surgical System||Abdominal, Gynecologic & Urologic surgical procedures||Gynecology/Obstetrical (OB/GYN); Surgery; Urology/Nephrology||Device – Therapeutic/
|System/System accessory||Pre-feasibility studies|
1Source: PharmSource Lead Sheet
|Titan Medical, Inc.||Key Officers|
|170 University Drive, Suite 1000||David J. McNally, President & CEO|
|Toronto, ON, M5H 3B3 Canada||James Shore, Director, Quality|
|Phone: 416-548-7522||Perry A. Genova, PhD, VP, R&D|
|Web: www.titanmedicalinc.com||Curtis R. Jensen, VP, Quality & Regulatory Affairs|
Follow the Money to Medical Device & Diagnostic Opportunities – Spotlight on CartiHeal Ltd.
Follow the Money to Medical Device & Diagnostic Opportunities – Spotlight on Aspect Imaging, Inc.
Follow the Money to Medical Device & Diagnostic Opportunities – Spotlight on RenalGuard Solutions, Inc.