Follow the Money to Medical Device & Diagnostic Opportunities
Spotlight on EndoStim, Inc.
Follow the Money to Medical Device & Diagnostic Opportunities highlights a newly funded medical device or diagnostic company. This includes important insights into the featured company’s product pipeline, manufacturing and business relationships, and likely sourcing opportunities.
EndoStim, Inc. is a private US company that develops neurostimulation devices for the treatment of neuromuscular disorders. It has raised $25 million in a completion of a venture capital investment, as reported in the PharmSource Lead Sheet on May 19, 2016.
- EndoStim was incorporated in Delaware in 2009.
- Corporate Headquarters: St. Louis, MO – approximately 2,020 square feet
- As of June 2014, they had 13 employees.
- EndoStim plans to use the proceeds to support a US pivotal clinical trial and global commercialization efforts for its LES stimulation system for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, and R&D of new devices.
- In March 2013, EndoStim and the Centro de Construcción (CCC) of Uruguay entered into a development and supply agreement for its neurostimulation system. CCC manufactured and developed the system while EndoStim received exclusive rights to all intellectual property, design, and test results. Financial terms were undisclosed.
- March 2016: $11 million in a completed venture capital investment
- December 2015: EndoStim cancels a $35 million IPO
- May 2015: $2.5 million in a completed venture capital investment
- October 2014: EndoStim postpones its IPO
- September 2014: EndoStim files an IPO
- July 2014: $6.4 million in a completed venture capital investment
- April 2013: $1.6 million in a completed venture capital investment
Medical Device & Diagnostics Pipeline1
|Product Candidate||Indication||Medical Specialty||Purpose||Type|
|LES stimulation system||Gastroesophageal reflux disease||Gastrointestinal||Device-Therapeutic/
Regulatory Approvals and Clearances
|Product Candidate||Region||Approval/Clearance||Year of Approval or Clearance|
|LES stimulation system (full body MRI)||Europe||CE Mark approval||2015|
|LES stimulation system||Brazil||Regulatory approval||2015|
|LES stimulation system||Mexico||Regulatory approval||2015|
|LES stimulation system||Australia||TGA approval||2014|
|LES stimulation system||Colombia||Regulatory approval||2013|
|LES stimulation system||Europe||CE Mark approval||2012|
1Source: PharmSource Lead Sheet
|EndoStim, Inc.||Key Officers|
|4041 Forest Park Avenue, Suite 220||Rohan J. Hoare, President & CEO|
|Saint Louis, MO 63108 USA||Peggy S. Stohr, CFO|
|Phone: +1-314-615-6346||Paul Goode, PhD, SVP, R&D|
|Web: www.endostim.com||Virender K. Sharma, MD, CMO|