Follow the Money to Bio/Pharmaceutical Opportunities
Spotlight on Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Follow the Money to Bio/Pharmaceutical Opportunities highlights a newly funded bio/pharmaceutical company. This includes important insights into the featured company’s product pipeline, manufacturing and business relationships, and likely sourcing opportunities.
Collegium Pharmaceutical is a U.S. public bio/pharmaceutical company that focuses on late-stage development and commercialization of pharmaceuticals for the treatment of CNS, respiratory and skin-related disorders. It plans to raise $80 million in a secondary public offering, as reported in the PharmSource Lead Sheet on October 27, 2016.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical was incorporated in Delaware in 2002 and reincorporated in Virginia in 2014
- Corporate Headquarters: Canton, MA – approximately 19,335 square feet of office and laboratory space
- As of December 31, 2015, they had 46 employees
- Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Stock Symbol: COLL
- Collegium Pharmaceutical plans to use the proceeds to commercialize Xtampza, a sustained-release oxycodone formulation developed using the DETERx oral delivery technology for the treatment of chronic pain, and for R&D efforts of its pipeline, possibly including:
- COL-171 – To complete Preclinical studies:
- For treatment of ADHD
- Dosage Form: Unknown
- Nature of API: Unknown
- Therapeutic Area: Neurology/CNS
- COL-195 – To complete a Phase I/II study:
- For treatment of pain
- Dosage Form: Oral
- Nature of API: Unknown
- Therapeutic Area: Analgesic – Unspecified
- The company contracts with contract research organizations (CROs) to conduct clinical trials.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical does not own or operate manufacturing facilities and currently has no plans to build their own. They currently rely on third party contract manufacturers for all required raw materials, API and finished product for preclinical studies and clinical trials.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical has limited sales, marketing and distribution capabilities.
- In May 2016, Collegium Pharmaceutical and BioDelivery Sciences International entered into a licensing agreement for ONSOLIS, granting Collegium exclusive rights to develop and commercialize the drug. BioDelivery received a $2.5 million upfront payment, a $4 million payment upon first US commercialization and up to $17 million in commercial milestones.1
Drug Product Pipeline
|Product Candidate||Indication||Dosage Form||Status||Next Anticipated Step|
|ONSOLIS||Pain||Oral – Film||Approved||TBA|
|Xtampza||Pain||Tablet – Controlled release||Marketed||sNDA approval|
|(In $ thousands)||2015||2014|
|General & Administrative Expenditures|
|Total Operating Expenses|
1Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc. 3/18/16 10-K, SEC.gov
|Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.||Key Officers|
|780 Dedham Street, Suite 800||Michael Hefferman, President & CEO|
|Canton, MA, 02021 USA||Alison Fleming, PhD, VP, Product Development|
|Phone: +1-781-713-3699||Melinda O’Connor, Director, Clinical Operations|
|Web: www.collegiumpharma.com||John Weet, PhD, VP, Regulatory Affairs & Quality Assurance|
Follow the Money to Pharmaceutical Opportunities – Spotlight on Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Follow the Money to Pharmaceutical Opportunities – Spotlight on OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Follow the Money to Pharmaceutical Opportunities – Spotlight on Galena Biopharma, Inc.