Follow the Money to Bio/Pharmaceutical Opportunities
Spotlight on Aldeyra Therapeutics, Inc.
Follow the Money to Bio/Pharmaceutical Opportunities highlights a newly funded bio/pharmaceutical company. This includes important insights into the featured company’s product pipeline, manufacturing and business relationships, and likely sourcing opportunities.
Aldeyra Therapeutics is a U.S. public bio/pharmaceutical company that develops potent, small molecule, irreversible aldehyde traps for the treatment of diseases caused by inflammation and inborn errors of metabolism. It raised $10.5 million in a secondary public offering, as reported in the PharmSource Lead Sheet on February 16, 2017.
- Aldeyra Therapeutics was incorporated in Delaware on August 13, 2004 as Neuron Systems, Inc. and officially changed their name to Aldeyra Therapeutics on March 17, 2014
- Corporate Headquarters: Lexington, MA – approximately 6,888 square feet of office space
- As of December 31, 2015, they had 8 employees
- Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Stock Symbol: ALDX
- Aldeyra Therapeutics plans to use the proceeds to support R&D activities, including the development of its lead compound, ADX-102, for multiple indications.
- ADX-102 – To complete the Discovery phase:
- For treatment of Sjogren-Larsson syndrome and SSADH deficiency
- Dosage Form: Topical; Semi-solid – Non-sterile
- Nature of API: Unknown
- Therapeutic Area: Dermatology; Metabolic
- ADX-102 – To complete a Phase II study:
- For treatment of noninfectious anterior uveitis
- Dosage Form: Topical; Liquid – Sterile
- Nature of API: Chemical – Normal potency
- Therapeutic Area: Ophthalmology
- In February 2010, Aldeyra Therapeutics and CyDex Pharmaceuticals entered into a license and supply agreement for the development and commercialization of aldehyde traps for the treatment of ocular disease. Under the terms of the agreement, Aldeyra Therapeutics will pay up to $2.15 million in milestone payments based on development and regulatory milestones and royalties based on commercialization of any products.1
Drug Product Pipeline
|Product Candidate||Indication||Dosage Form||Status||Next Anticipated Step|
|ADX-102 (Systemic)||Sjögren-Larsson Syndrome & SSADH Deficiency||Topical; Semi-solid – None-sterile||Discovery||TBA|
|ADX-102 (Ocular)||Dry Eye Syndrome||Topical; Liquid – Sterile||Phase I||Initiate a Phase IIa trial in 2017|
|ADX-102 (Ocular)||Allergic Conjunctivitis||Topical; Liquid – Sterile||Phase II||Initiate a Phase IIb in 2017|
|ADX-102 (Ocular)||Noninfectious Anterior Uveitis||Topical; Liquid – Sterile||Phase II||Initiate a Phase III trial in Q2 2017|
|ADX-102 (Dermatologic)||Sjögren-Larsson Syndrome||Topical; Semi-solid – None-sterile||Phase II||Initiate a Phase III trial in H2 of 2017|
|(In $ thousands)||2015||2014|
|General & Administrative Expenditures|
|Total Operating Expenses|
1Aldeyra Therapeutics, Inc. 3/30/16 10-K, SEC.gov
|Aldeyra Therapeutics, Inc.||Key Officers|
|131 Hartwell Avenue||Todd C. Brady, MD, PhD, President & CEO|
|Lexington, MA, 02421 USA||David Clark, MD, CMO|
|Phone: +1-781-761-4904||Philip L. Piscitelli, Director, Clinical Operations|
|Web: www.aldeyra.com||Donna Keith, Director, CMC|
Follow the Money to Pharmaceutical Opportunities – Spotlight on Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Follow the Money to Pharmaceutical Opportunities – Spotlight on Clearside Biomedical, Inc.
Follow the Money to Pharmaceutical Opportunities – Spotlight on Synthetic Biologics, Inc.