Follow the Money: Inotek Pharmaceuticals
Follow the Money highlights a newly funded bio/pharmaceutical company. This includes important insights into the featured company’s product pipeline, manufacturing and business relationships, and likely sourcing opportunities.
Inotek Pharmaceuticals is a U.S. public pharmaceutical company that develops therapies with novel mechanisms of action to address significant diseases of the eye. As reported in the February 26, 2015 issue of the PharmSource Lead Sheet, Inotek raised $40 million in the closing of an initial public offering.
- Inotek was incorporated in Delaware in July 1999.
- Corporate Headquarters: Lexington, Massachusetts – 2,300 square feet of office space.
- As of September 30, 2014, Inotek had 4 full-time employees.
- Inotek plans to use the proceeds to fund the continued testing of trabodenoson as a monotherapy and as a fixed-dose combination with latanoprost for the reduction of intraocular pressure, and for general corporate purposes.
- The company relies on third parties, such as CROs, clinical data management organizations, medical institutions, and clinical investigators, to conduct clinical trials, and to perform data collection and analysis for product candidates.
- Inotek does not have any experience in drug formulation and does not own or operate manufacturing facilities for clinical or commercial production of product candidates.
- The company currently has no sales, marketing, or distribution infrastructure.
- Inotek is currently exploring licensing of commercialization rights or other forms of collaboration outside the US 1
|Product Candidate||Indication||Dosage Form||Status||Next Anticipated Step|
|Trabodenoson plus Latanoprost||Glaucoma and Ocular Hypertension||Liquid – Sterile||Phase II||TBA|
|Trabodenoson||Glaucoma and Ocular Hypertension||Liquid – Sterile||Phase II||Initiation of Phase III expected in mid-2015|
|(In $ thousands)||2013||2012|
|General & Administrative Expenditures||1,324||2,307|
|Total Operating Expenses||6,654||5,849|
1Inotek Pharmaceuticals Prospectus, SEC.gov
|Inotek Pharmaceuticals||Key Officers|
|131 Hartwell Ave, Suite 105||David P. Southwell, President & CEO|
|Lexington, MA 02421, USA||Rudolf A. Baumgartner, MD, CMO & EVP|
|Phone: 781-676-2100||William K. McVicar, PhD, CSO & EVP|
|Fax: 781-676-2155||Dale Ritter, VP, Finance|
Read more postings by Ryan